- Obtain the pamphlet from Mr David Perrin's office or from us at AFF.
- Phone the local police and complain about a particular retailer in your area if they are displaying magazines like Playboy to the general public. Keep a record.
- If the police take no action, phone/write your local member and ask how to get the police to enforce the law. Keep a record of the policeman's name, etc.
- If still no action, phone/write the Victorian Police Minister, Parliament House, Melbourne 3000, (03) 9651 8911 and inform him that his department is failing to oversee the enforcement of this simple law. Keep a record.
- Write down everything and send us a copy of who, what, where and when.
It is our understanding that the police are paid to enforce the law - not agree with it, like it or understand the reason for it - simply enforce it. We have reports from across Victoria that this is not happening. Simply write down the name and address of the shop breaking the law; the name, date and time of who was spoken to in the police and what their response was; send these documented complaints to us at AFF and we will do the rest. AFF helped write the law, lobbied for the law, presented oral and written testimony in Victorian Parliament for the law and have no intention of it not being enforced. Our Victorian readers have a responsibility to their children to take this action!